Search

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Me & You.


I see that you’re unhappy
In your perfect, icy eyes.
But, really, what you say to me
Comes as no surprise.
I’ve seen people like you
Too many times before.
Perfectly strong people
Who just can’t find the door.
I’m really pulling for you.
I hope you can get out,
But to be completely honest,
I still have shreds of doubt.
I’ve only just met you,
But I see it on your face.
You’d gladly be anywhere
Other than this place.
If I could make that happen,
I’d do it right away.
And we would walk, hand in hand.
You’d come with me to stay.
I would never break you
Like she’s clearly done,
And I would never make you
Want to leave or run.
All girls are not evil.
All girls are not snide.
So let me break the barrier.
And let me come inside.
I don’t mean to scare you,
I’m already scared enough,
But, with you, it’s different.
I’m done trying to be tough.
I know that it’s early
And I know that it’s new,
But maybe, just maybe,
We’ll end up a “me and you”.

-BlairieLouHoo.

Written November, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment